TennCare Renewals Required Again
Starting on April 1st, Tennessee will require TennCare renewals again. If you currently receive TennCare, your eligibility must be redetermined as part of this process.
On December 23, 2022, Congress passed legislation to end the Medicaid continuous enrollment requirement related to the COVID-19 pandemic on April 1st, 2023, according to a TennCare press release. This is the first time in three years that Medicaid and CHIPS members will be required to go through the renewal process. The legislation means that more than 1.7 million Tennesseans will be impacted by this process. It is vital that all TennCare and CoverKids members update their contact information in TennCare Connect and respond to all communications.
What can you do now?
- Update your address and any other changes via TennCare Connect.
- Contact the Tennessee Justice Center for help with TennCare Connect, eligibility, and renewal packets. Call (615) 255-0331 to contact the Justice Center.
- If you're raising a grandchild, also consider contacting the Tennessee Justice Center to determine eligibility, as they may qualify for free or low-cost coverage.
- With your address and any other changes updated, complete your renewal by the deadline date. Additionally, open and respond to all mail, emails, or texts from TennCare and follow the instructions.
- If you have any questions, call 855-259-0701 to reach TennCare Connect.